Friday 10 February 2012

It is NEVER too cold to Eat in France!

4249495854_38f13ba8d1.jpg

Photo by Silverman68

While the Brits dither, slip and slide on the snow or icy roads, the French are thinking of their stomachs. Yes, nothing will stop them enjoying a good meal!

French Essence describes a Luuch in freezing Provence - extract here:

Yesterday the mistral wind graciously decided to retreat and allow me to leave the house in search of company and good food. Although I am not French I have happily, too happily, acquired the taste for a good lunch. One of the best spots for a delicious lunch is the Bistro du Paradou in the if-you-blink-you-will-miss-it tiny village of Paradou on the other side of the Alpilles mountains.

I did mention that it had been cold in Provence, freezing to be more precise and as I drove past the village square in Maussane on my way to the restaurant I saw the literal proof. The fountain and her gurgling swans had turned into ice sculpture... as I saw it...

The restaurant was warm and buzzy and as it was Wednesday, I knew the menu before I arrived... It is always such a comfort when you are cold and hungry to arrive somewhere familiar... The Bistro du Paradou has a weekly menu so you know what will be cooking when...

Wednesday Menu du Jour at Bistro du Paradou

  • Salade frisée avec des lardons, oeufs et croutons
  • Cassoulet du Bistro
  • Plateau de Fromages
  • Desserts Maison (that means your choice of citron, apple or pear tart and creme caramel... I went with the citron... So worth it!)

Read more: How to thaw out with a good provencal lunch...

Just tucking into a sarnie now!

Posted via email from FRANCE facts about

No comments:

Post a Comment