Friday 1 February 2013

Hospital Food in France

SurviveFrance.com have a lively discussion about hospital food in France (and comparison with UK). Does it compare well - I think you might have guessed the answer already!

Mary poses this question: My question is to anyone who has been a patient in French hospitals, perhaps compared to other countries, have you found a difference in the taste, quality, presentation between the food in France and other countries?

And here are some responses: - Suzanne says

I've been in Beziers hospital three times.2 in maternity and once in surgical ward.  Each time I was given a choice of menu 3 or 4 courses.  Vegetables for starters or soup (you needed to add the salt and pepper to give flavour to the soup but it was reasonable) or charcuterie.

The main courses were fish or meat sometimes in a tasty sauce with vegetable.  Carbs were in the form of a small bread roll I recall. I had cheese and a piece of fruit and yoghurt or a petit suisse with jam or chestnut spread.

Whereas David has had a bad experience:

The "food" is awful !!! I was in hospital in Trélazé for 4 days. After day 1 I used to creep out at night, and go across the road to McDonalds.  And no, I am not a fan of McDo !.

This was echoed by Kerry

My mother hated the food in hospital in Saintes.  We had to take her care packages. She found that there were not enough vegetables or fruit. She found the food tasteless and greasy. We took her boiled eggs and fruit. In comparison to UK hospitals she found it pretty much the same except for breakfast. 

Go here for the full discussion

So surprise, surprise!

Posted via email from FRANCE facts about

No comments:

Post a Comment